*UPDATE* New Version of IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices

(imported topic written by jeremylam)

IBM is pleased to announce the next release of IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices.

New Features in this release include:

1. Self-Service Portal

End-users to manage their own devices. Users can login to the portal using their AD/LDAP credentials. They can view device details; and, in the event of loss or theft, they can issue wipe, lock, or reset password commands, among others.

1. Enhanced Enrollment Options

Authenticated enrollment is now supported via AD/LDAP integration. Additionally, administrators can optionally present additional customizable questions during enrollment, including, for example, a custom end-user license agreement (EULA). These additional questions are asked in a web-browser which generates a PIN that can be entered in the iOS and Android apps to complete enrollment.

1. Additional iOS Profile Options

You can now deploy SCEP, LDAP, Credentials, APN, Web-clips and enterprise Wi-fi profiles.

1. Mobile Device Overview Web Reports

Overwiew Web Reports are available that display information about all the mobile devices in a deployment.

1. Location Services for iOS

This allows the administrator to locate iOS devices if the user has given the permission to do so.

1. Bulk Import of Certificates

You can now provision certificates for multiple devices by using one parameterized profile that is filled out by a script running on the iOS Extender.

1. Office365 support

You can now setup management of devices through Office365 (similar to Exchange).

1. Ability to Support Multiple Management Extenders on the Same Machine

You can install the Management Extenders for Exchange, Traveler and iOS on the same machine. Note, however, that you cannot install multiple extenders of the same type on the same machine (e.g., two Exchange extenders on the same machine).

1. Scalability and performance enhancements

The management extenders now uses incremental reports for less load on the TEM server and relays.

1. Message Center for Android

You can now see all the notifications sent to the Android agent as a list in the Android Agent UI.

These changes are in version 23 of the Mobile Device Management site.

BigFix MDM Team

Tivoli Endpoint Manager

IBM Tivoli Software

(imported comment written by MahendraChopra)

I am trying to configure self service port for android. Is there a step by step guide to configure enrolment component of the wizard as it force to install ios extender along with enrollment component!

(imported comment written by dazman)

Hello,

I provided some instructions/screen captures to enable the authenticated enrolment on my blog. I haven’t yet tested this with Android.

http://darrylmiles.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/enabling-authenticated-enrollment-with-ibm-endpoint-manager-for-mobile-devices/

Darryl

(imported comment written by MahendraChopra)

I have tried the LDAP enrollment on Android 4.x in samsung galaxy S3 and it works perfectly fine. Able to fetch the installed applications etc. amazing…

Setup self service and trying out that now…

Thanks!

mahendra