Unlocked Computers Always Showing 0 After Upgrade to 10.0

Hello,

We just upgraded to version 10.0 Monday and notice that unlocked computers in the All Content panel is always showing 0 even when there are computers unlocked that show up in the computers panel. Is this a bug in 10.0?

Thanks,
Ken B

Most likely the reason is that the version of registration server changed to 10.0; so the client must re-register to the server (tipically it takes 6 hours),anyway you could just restarting one client to see if this helps.

Thanks but its been 4 days since we did the upgrade and I’ve opened and closed the console on these remote machines but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Where are you seeing that? Can you paste a screenshot? I don’t have “Unlocked Computers” in my All Content view.

Ok that’s a custom group, so you’ll need to find that computer group and show it’s definition.

You should find it in ‘Computer Groups’

Everything seems as it was from what I can tell.

The query for lock string of action lock state is returning an empty value, not “No”, when a system is not locked, on my 10.0.0 and 10.0.1 systems. I can check on 9.5 clients in a bit, but using the debugger as far back as 9.5.14 I’m not getting any “No” values, only “Yes” or empty strings.

What was your prior version?
The short-term workaround for this would be to change the group definition on the “Locked” piece, to “Locked … does not contain … Yes” instead of ‘contains “No”’

I just checked on a real 9.5.13 client, it also had empty strings or “Yes”

Ah that is interesting. We were on 9.5.15. I’ll try changing that.

Actually I may be misreading how that generated relevance works…gimme a few

Ah ok, the generated property is already handling the empty result by returning “No” if it’s empty. Something else then…

On at least one of these clients, try each of these in the debugger or in Query app and see what results we get.

Q: version of client >= "6.0.0.0"

Q: (exists true whose (if true then (exists (if (lock state of action lock state is "Yes") then "Yes" else "No") whose (it as string as lowercase contains "No" as lowercase)) else false))

Q: name of operating system

I tried them on our bigfix server which is currently locked and got this:
A: True
T: 11.952 ms

Q: (exists true whose (if true then (exists (if (lock state of action lock state is “Yes”) then “Yes” else “No”) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “No” as lowercase)) else false))
A: False
T: 10.299 ms

A: Win2019
T: 9.786 ms

Sorry, I had a typo in that can you try this one instead? I used “lock state” where I should’ve had “lock string”

q:  (exists true whose (if true then (exists (if (lock string of action lock state is "Yes") then "Yes" else "No") whose (it as string as lowercase contains "No" as lowercase)) else false))

Ok. Well on an unlocked server I got this:
T: 14.875 ms

Q: (exists true whose (if true then (exists (if (lock string of action lock state is “Yes”) then “Yes” else “No”) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “No” as lowercase)) else false))
T: 12.223 ms

T: 0.201 ms

On a locked server I got this:
T: 1.827 ms

Q: (exists true whose (if true then (exists (if (lock string of action lock state is “Yes”) then “Yes” else “No”) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “No” as lowercase)) else false))
T: 0.710 ms

T: 0.217 ms

How about if you copy/paste the entire “generated” relevance clause from the group into the debugger on those clients?

On a locked server I get false:
Q: (version of client >= “6.0.0.0”) AND ((exists true whose (if true then (not exists (if (lock string of action lock state is “Yes”) then “Yes” else “No”) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “Yes” as lowercase)) else false)) AND (exists true whose (if true then (((name of it = “Win2003” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2003” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2008” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2008” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2008R2”) OR (name of it = “Win2012”) OR (name of it = “Win2012R2”) OR (name of it = “Win2016”) OR (name of it = “Win2019”)) of operating system AND TRUE) else false)))
T: 2.693 ms

On an unlocked server I get true:
Q: (version of client >= “6.0.0.0”) AND ((exists true whose (if true then (not exists (if (lock string of action lock state is “Yes”) then “Yes” else “No”) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “Yes” as lowercase)) else false)) AND (exists true whose (if true then (((name of it = “Win2003” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2003” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2008” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2008” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win2008R2”) OR (name of it = “Win2012”) OR (name of it = “Win2012R2”) OR (name of it = “Win2016”) OR (name of it = “Win2019”)) of operating system AND TRUE) else false)))
T: 16.611 ms

Ok then, the relevance is good and we’ve gone down the wrong track. It.must be either in client reporting or I’m the console display.

First thing to try is clearing the console cache. File->Preferences in the top menu, hit the “Clear Cache” button, then close & reopen console.

Next would be to right-click some of the computers and click “Force Refresh”.

Third would be to send a blank action to the “Unlocked Servers” group (using “Dynamically target by group” and see whether any respond to it (even if the group appears empty to the console).

Alright so, I cleared the cache on the console and closed/re-opened it and waiting but still the same.

A force refresh on the unlocked computer didn’t help.

The blank action targeting the unlocked computers group dynamically did complete on the unlocked computer.

As an additional note I’m not sure why my personal desktop console does not have this problem anymore but it did after the initial upgrade and within a day or less it seemed to fix itself somehow. But when I open the console on the root server or another administration Windows 10 workstation I see unlocked computers still displaying 0 even with a computer unlocked.