Unix client not appearing in BigFix console

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hello,

facing some weird problem with BigFix, on few Unix systems BigFix client is already installed but they are not appearing in console either wit their name or IP, I can see their IP’s in unmanaged assets. What could be the issue?

Vesion of BigFix - 7.2

Regards,

Shailendra

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Shailendra,

You should start the debugging by looking at the client log files located at /var/opt/BESClient/__BESData/__Global/Logs.

http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=302

For the Client to communicate upstream, TCP port for BigFix communication (defaults to 52311) must be opened.

One easy way to test is to run command:

telnet bigfix_server 52311

and see if the UNIX client can reach the BigFix Server.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Thanks, i identified the issue. I copied the actionsite.afxm from working computers to problamatic servers and then restarted the client services and then servers appeared in console.

Shailendra

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi,

I am looking for bigFix client which can support windows 2008 R2 std edition 64 bit version, we have 7.2 as enterprise server version. We tried installing 7.2.5.22 but it did not started i guess its not compatible win2k8 64 bit, and with 8.0.584.0 i get error as “this bigfix enterprise client could not find valid mashead file,pls make sure file exist”, this is may be due to lower server version i.e. 7.2.

Regards,

Shailendra