Unintall of Relay Task fails every time

(imported topic written by russwm91)

Hello wanted to ask if this is a know issue or not.

I have the Trend ESP version on Bigfix enterprise. I try to run the task for the uninstaller for the relay and it fails in the last step of the removal process. It appears to be looking in HKLM software for Bigfix enterprise relay display name which it won’t find since Trend names it ESP relay. I tried making a custom copy of the task and changing the display name to “ESP Relay” and rerun the tasks and it still fails. I can remove it manually if I log on to station and remove from add remove.

Below is the step that fails.

wait {value “UninstallString” of key whose (value “DisplayName” of it = “BigFix Enterprise Relay” and name of it starts with “{”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry} /s --uninstallsilent -f1"{pathname of folder “temp” of windows folder as string & “\uninst.iss”}"

delete “{pathname of folder “temp” of windows folder as string & “\uninst.iss”}”

Does Bigfix have an update Task version for all there ESP customers out there?

Thanks

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Russ,

Looks like we haven’t modified it to work with Trend… I will file a bug…

Can you run this relevance on the relay and let me know what it returns?

value “UninstallString” of key whose (value “DisplayName” of it = “ESP Relay” and name of it starts with “{”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry

Ben

(imported comment written by russwm91)

Hello Ben,

I ran the relevance on one of my Windows 2008 top level relay below are the results.

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup “C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information{051BD76D-6021-484D-832A-3B184AD70A02}\setup.exe” -l0x9 -removeonly

Hope this helps in the debugging process.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hmmm… That looks valid…

So if you change the Fixlet to this command, it fails?

wait {value “UninstallString” of key whose (value “DisplayName” of it = “ESP Relay” and name of it starts with “{”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry} /s --uninstallsilent -f1"{pathname of folder “temp” of windows folder as string & “\uninst.iss”}"

You might also want to check to see if this works on your system:

pathname of folder “temp” of windows folder

Ben