Uninstalling Webex Client issue

Relevance:
/* Only run if Webex is installed */ 1 = number of keys whose( (exists values “DisplayName” whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “Webex” as lowercase) of it) AND (exists values whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “msiexec”) of it) ) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of ( x64 registries; x32 registries )

ActionScript:
waithidden msiexec.exe /X { name of keys whose( (exists values “DisplayName” whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “Webex” as lowercase) of it) AND (exists values whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “msiexec”) of it) ) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of ( x64 registries; x32 registries ) } /

It looks like I have uninstalled webex client successfully on the machines, but i still see a blank file named webex on my desktop. when i click on it it states " missing shortcut" windows is searching for ciscocollabhost.exe Is there a way I can remove this from all of the machines using BIGFIX.

On my machine i just opened the files location and deleted the blank webex file. how could i do that on all the machines i had webex uninstalled on. :slight_smile:

You can use the fixlets below to assist you. It works similarly to removing a file from specified locations.

If there is only one fixed location, you can do the following:
Delete "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\filename.lnk"

Else:
https://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/2550

https://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/3657

endif :slight_smile: :wink:

Could i use the same script if i wanted to uninstall a software from a specific location?
Delete “C:\Users\Public\Desktop\filename.lnk” ?

No, this is just to delete a file only.

Alright another question, so in my relevance it states only run of webex is installed, What would happen if webex is not installed on that machine. because I ran that fixlet and users are telling me they still have webex. could this action install webex on their machine?

Not likely, but on my computer, Webex is a user install, not a system install. You’re going to have an…interesting…time trying to uninstall user apps and removing user shortcuts from desktops.

yah i figured. I ran that fixlet majority of the webex has uninstalled but idk why some stated at “completed” did not uninstall Cisco systems webex meetings and client :frowning: