Uninstalling BigFix Compliance

Beyond doing the Add/Remove Programs for BigFix Compliance on the server where it is located, is there any other gotchas I need to be aware of to remove BigFix Compliance from my BigFix environment (e.g. licensing change, database cleanup)?

I had to uninstall a corrupted installation of compliance today. I tried to do an uninstall from Add/Remove programs but I would only get a cmd window that flashed on the screen then closed so I ran the uninstall.exe manually. The uninstall finished in a couple minutes. I then dropped the compliance database.

Thanks for the feedback.

I ended up manually removing systems subscribed to Compliance related sites, then removing those sites. I then did the Add / Remove programs. I’m not positive this is the correct way to do it, but Compliance is gone and no longer accessible.

When you install Compliance you are asked to configure a BES Operator account that uses the REST API to connect to the root server. You should determine whether the account is still required, and disable or remove it if it is no longer needed.

Also use SQL Management Studio to remove the database if you no longer need it. If I recall correctly the default database name is “TEMA” (Tivoli Endpoint Manager Analytics), but that may just be me as my database goes back some time.