Uninstall ESRI ARCGIS 10.7.1

Good Morning!

I am trying to do a simple task with uninstalling ESRI ArcGIS 10.7.1. I am using a simple line that always worked in the past.

After some investigation, on the ESRI website (https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000013200), I went to put together a simple action script, as shown below.

wait “{pathname of system folder}\msiexec.exe” /x {“BFB4F32E-38DF-4E8F-8180-C99FC9A14BBE”}

However, I don’t think it is working. In the TEM console, it has been several minutes saying “running,” and nothing else happens.

Can someone shine light over this, and what am I missing?

Thanks

The client log (C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData__Global\Logs) should contain more information about the failing action. Try the command without the “pathname of system folder” like: wait msiexec /x {“BFB4F32E-38DF-4E8F-8180-C99FC9A14BBE”}

The command should also include the “silient” option. Here is an example of the uninstall command we use to uninstall an internal BES tool. The product id is retrieved from the regystry, change it as appropriated in your case:

parameter “ProductID” = "{substring after “/X” of((value “UninstallString” of key whose(value “DisplayName” of it = “IBM BigFix Client Deploy Tool” and name of it starts with “{”) of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry)as string)}"
wait msiexec /quiet /uninstall { parameter “ProductID” }