Unable to upgrade clients to 10.0.1

Recently upgraded BF Server from 9.5.15 to 10.0.1. After the successful version upgrade, their were clients that did not upgrade to the new version. I have Win2012, Win2016, CentOS 7 and RHEL 7 clients were some received the client upgrade and some were not recognized to receive the upgrade. What do I need to do to upgrade these clients. This environment has less than 15 clients. I preparing to upgrade a 9000+ environment and want to avoid singularly upgrading thousands of clients. Thank you

So clients will only upgrade by default with fixlets if their root server is known to be at least version 10. If you recently upgraded your root server then the clients will need to re-register at some point to know the server version. This happens regularly and the client fixlets do warn of that. I presume you will notice these clients become relevant eventually which is often why doing an action that is targeted to all devices is often the best way to go and as they become relevant they will upgrade.

I personally do all the client fixlets in a Multiple Action group and name it “Client 10.0.1” or something like that which you can do by multi selecting all the appropriate client fixlets and right clicking on them to take them all together.

2 Likes