Unable to submit license request: Error returned from license server: 17NotASignedMessage

Unable to submit license request: Error returned from license server: 17NotASignedMessage

I’ve tried creating a new VM and changing the IP several times. and tried for several days But still found the same error.

Welcome.to the BigFix forum!

In that case it’s very likely a proxy on your network blocking access to the BigFix license server.

You’d need to either configure your proxy to allow the BigFix server out, or use besadmin /setproxy to configure your root server to authenticate/use the proxy for its outbound connections.

Hi, Jason :innocent:

There is no proxy configured on the vm.

If you’re using VMware Workstation or anything similar and your VM is configured with NAT, try changing it to BRIDGE (I had similar issue with one of my test VM).

And, as @JasonWalker indicated, the issue is caused by something obstructing communication, such as a proxy/firewall/local network configuration/local Windows firewall/endpoint controls, etc.

You need to figure out what is disturbing the communication!

Hi,

@vk.khurava I checked everything you mentioned, but still have the same error

One machine in the VM successfully installed BigFix server before

When I installed it again on another machine, it had the problem, even though the network and firewall were the same.

That’s pretty much all! Maybe HCL product support can help you further.