"Unable to set 'DB2_LIB_PATH' with DB2 library path for the specified user" error during Linux installation

(imported topic written by Juliano Gonçalves)

Hi,

I’m trying to install Endpoint Manager 9.1 on a Redhat server.

1. I run …/ServerInstaller_9.1.1117.0-rhe6.x86_64/install.sh
  2. In the “DB2 Local Administrative User” prompt I enter the default value (db2inst1)
  3. Then I get this error: Unable to set ‘DB2_LIB_PATH’ with DB2 library path for the specified user

No matter which name I choose, I always get the same error, like below:

####################

DB2 Local Administrative User

The DB2 instance used by IBM Endpoint Manager requires specific configuration for performance optimization. It is therefore suggested that you use a dedicated DB2 instance.

Specify the user name of the local DB2 instance owner that you want to use or press to accept the default: db2inst1

Unable to set ‘DB2_LIB_PATH’ with DB2 library path for the specified user.

Invalid choice: db2inst1, retry:

DB2 Local Administrative User

The DB2 instance used by IBM Endpoint Manager requires specific configuration for performance optimization. It is therefore suggested that you use a dedicated DB2 instance.

Specify the user name of the local DB2 instance owner that you want to use or press to accept the default: db2inst1

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

(imported comment written by gearoid)

just checking — you do have DB2 installed on the server and db2inst1 is the instance owner ?

(imported comment written by Juliano Gonçalves)

Hi, yes.

Hi.

I ran into this today.

Cause - guess - I used an auto-response file to install db2. It created the user db2inst1 but did not, for whatever reason, create the .bash_profile with a corrected $PATH - and for this specific issue - LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Once I added:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/ibm/db2/V10.5/lib64"

(And I even forgot to export it) - I got past the error message.