Unable to deploy client on MAC OS

Hi, I am using IBM Endpoint manager 9.2 software in my lab environment and I tried to install agent on MAC machine using NIX client install tool as an admin user but I am getting following error please find the log which is generated during client installation
"Host:172.21.2.168
Initialising…
Executing: chmod 777 /tmp
chmod: Unable to change file mode on /tmp: Operation not permitted

Copying Files
Copying InstallBESAgent.sh
Copying BESAgent-8.0.627.0-BigFix_MacOSX.dmg
Copying Masthead file
Connecting to system with SSH.
Executing: sh /tmp/InstallBESAgent.sh /tmp/BESAgent-8.0.627.0-BigFix_MacOSX.dmg
/tmp/InstallBESAgent.sh: line 34: syntax error near unexpected token ' /tmp/InstallBESAgent.sh: line 34:for f in $FILES;

Executing: sh /Library/BESAgent/BESAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/BESAgentControlPanel.sh -start
sh: /Library/BESAgent/BESAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/BESAgentControlPanel.sh: No such file or directory

Client not Installed, please check log.".

Please help me out to resolve this issue.

Did you provide an admin credential that exists on the Mac you are installing it to?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have given admin credentials.

Which version of the Mac OS are you attempting to install on?

From the log snippet you posted, you are installing the 8.0 BigFix client. You should be using the LATEST Mac Client for this process! The older clients may not be able to properly install on the latest versions of the Mac OS.

1 Like

Hi TimRice,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to install 8.0 & 9.0 Bigfix client and I got the same error. Please let me know how to overcome that problem because I don’t have any knowledge on MAC.

This seems like part of the problem:

This seems to be changing the permissions of the entire /tmp directory, which isn’t a good thing, but then it is also failing. This seems to be the source of the issue.

What OS are the Mac running that you are trying to use this to install on?

It is definitely possible that code that worked on older OSes doesn’t work any more.

1 Like

The OS version of Mac is 10.5 and is there any need of upgrading NIX client deployment tool.

If yes then please send me link to download the latest version.

Does /Library/BESAgent/BESAgent.app actually exist on the client?

This sounds like an issues I’ve seen before with the client installer package just being poorly written and using relocatable bundles.

1 Like

Hi,

I do not see a closure to this topic. Was the installation fixed with latest version 9.5.3?

Also does that mean that we will have to have 9.5.3 version mandatory to have MAC OS supported.

Regards
Vipul

The above post is really old.
Refer to the support matrix for the minimum agent level according to the macOS version where you would like to install the agent.

Platform 9.5 support matrix

1 Like