Unable to delete stopped action - Error 1113

When trying to delete a stopped action from the BES console I get this error message:

The BESRelay.log on the BES server shows a similar error: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 13:32:58 -0600 - /data/delete-actions (3460) - WindowsCharacterSetResult: Error 1113 (No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page.) in TranscodeU16ToU8

What do I need to do to fix this?

There is a thread over in the BigFix Slack channel about this. Opening a PMR was recommended by @AlanM. The screenshot here shows which actions were causing the issue for the thread originator.

I have a PMR open but do not yet have a solution… and it’s getting worse. Initially it was just 1 action that this happened to but now it’s 3.

Was there any resolution to the issue reported on the Slack channel?

Yup… we are seeing this too…
1st one was a Skype action which we fixed by deleting all the clients that the action was taken against… Then we could delete the action…

this time however. The Action was the Windows Firewall is blocking BES Traffic…
We deleted all the (4) clients from the database but still cant delete the action … Same error as the screen shot…

IBM provided a fix to me, they said it will be available in the next BigFix release. I would suggest that you open a PMR and reference APAR IJ13253, maybe they can provide the same fix to you.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IJ13253

Hi,

I have seen these error message and created a PMR, they provided a solution, but to delete it manually in the database.

It goes like this:

1. Stopped BES root server service

2. Execute the below query for the action id “38869”

use BFEnterprise

go

update dbo.action_flags

set isdeleted=1

where actionid=38869

go

• it can be deleted using this query in the database, but why is this popping up?

Best Regards,
Pogi