Unable to create automatic Computer group for windows 11

Hello,

I am able to create automatic group for windows10 device by using this relevance

(version of client >= “6.0.0.0”) AND (exists true whose (if true then (exists (operating system) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “Win10” as lowercase)) else false))

now I try to do the save thing for windows 11

(version of client >= “6.0.0.0”) AND (exists true whose (if true then (exists (operating system) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “Win11” as lowercase)) else false))
but it does not work.

Could you please provide any recommendation about this !!

What does “operating system” return?
What version of client? The “Win11” OS name may require a recent BigFix version.

operating system : Win11 10.0.22631.3155 (23H2), Win11 10.0.22621.3155 (22H2)
BigFix client: 10.0.7.52

It returns True for me and that should be a supported version…sure you don’t have a mistype?

I check it three times and no mistype was made.

Is the automatic group Ina site subscribed by the clients?
Are the clients gathering updates and posting reports?
When you run this in the debugger on a client do you get a True?

The client is only getting monthly cumulative update.
any other action script is failing.
that is right the debugger is giving me true as well so i am not sure what is going on.

for example:
Relevance: (((name of it = “Win11”)) of operating system AND TRUE)
action script: is suppose to installed a random software in window 11

and here is the error i am getting

but is work fine on all win 10 devices!!!

Your automatic group resides in some site.

Does your Windows 11 subscribed to that site?

I can’t really make any sense of what you’re trying to say here. I’m not sure why you’re now doing Actions. You’d have to show a lot more of this action (like whether it has a Source Fixlet, what site the Source Fixlet is in, whether the client is subscribed to the Site, etc.)

You should probably open a support ticket so you can have a conversation about this, posting one snippet at a time in the forum is not getting anywhere.

yes

Hi @Mat ,

You added the Relevance statement for the Automatic Group.

Does your Automatic Group created on the Master Action Site?

If it is created on another Custom Site, make sure that the Windows 11 machines are also subscribed to that site.

Check the following link - Computer Subscriptions Tab

Hello,

Everything seems fine now.
The group was created on another site where Windows 11 devices were not yet subscribed. After subscribing Windows 11 machines to this site, they start appearing on the automatic group.

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction…

2 Likes