Unable to configure VM managers

I recently updated BFI to the latest version. Prior to this I had existing VM managers, but now when I go to the Management: VM Managers page I get a message that says “Before you can configure VM managers, you must install and run the BigFix services, including Web Reports, on the bigfix.xxx. Ensure also that the BigFix server user that is defined for the primary data source has sufficient rights”

BigFix is running bigfix.xxx but Web Reports is not, that’s running on it’s own server. Also I’m not sure what “BigFix server user” this is referring to.

The documentation that I’ve found hasn’t been terribly helpful with solutions or details about what needs to be done to fix this aside from making sure BigFix is running on the BigFix server (which is obviously is).

Any suggestions about how to fix this?

Have you run Task 85: Update VM Manager Tool to version (10.0.0.0)?

Prior to the update, was it working?

Yes, I ran that task and yes, it was working prior to that.

When you originally installed BFI, was the Web Reports service running on the BigFix root server?

If possible, can you start Web Reports on the root server and restart the VM Manager Tool service?

No, it was never running on the root server and is not installed there.

I suggest you open a case with HCL to get this resolved.

@mikelbeck I found this APAR at IBM (relating to the IBM License Metric Tool). It may be connected to the issue you’re experiencing: IJ23216: VM MANAGERS PANEL CANNOT BE DISPLAYED BECAUSE WEBREPORTS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING

The error should be handled in more diligent way - display an
error message on the UI panel instead of general error page
(it’s a regression introduced in latest release).

It will be
fixed in 9.2.19.0.

BigFix Inventory 10.0.0.0 is equivalent to IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT) 9.2.18 for IBM Virtualization Capacity reporting.