Un-install of Altiris

Hey guys, running into a problem and need some guidance. I am in the process of trying to replace Altiris with BigFix and we are running into a problem when trying to uninstall Altiris.

From Symantec it says to run the following from the command line to unstinall Altiris

C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe" /UninstallAgents /Clean

I have tried both of the following with no luck

waithidden cmd.exe /c /s "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe /uninstallagents /clean"
waithidden cmd.exe /c /s "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe" /uninstallagents /clean

as well as

createfile until EOF

cd "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent"
AeXAgentUtil.exe /uninstallagents /clean

EOF

If I run from the server from an administrative command prompt it does the uninstall. Not sure what I am missing here.

Little cheap to do but usually just write it to a bat file and then run the bat file to avoid things like this.

appendfile "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe" /uninstallagents /clean
move __appendfile run.bat
waithidden run.bat

I used the second one since the end quote was immediately after the program name and not the / options. Have run into issues when the quote includes the program options. Hopefully this helps.

I would suggest you solve this problem using the program files x64 folder relevance. I’m on an iPad so can’t test, but something like this should work:

waithidden cmd.exe /c /s "{program files x64 folder}\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe" /uninstallagents /clean"

I think @alinder’s on the right path, but you may need to take the additional step of enabling 64-bit processing in the action (by default the client runs in 32-bit mode for maximum compatibility, but that can cause problems referencing 64-bit paths). Try

action uses wow64 redirection false
waithidden "{pathname of program files x64 folder}\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe" /uninstallagents /clean