Ubuntu 16.04 Install Issues

Ok, I am at my wits end… I give up… Uncle…

We inherited some shadow IT digitalocean droplets from another department. All of the systems are Ubuntu 16, with the exception of 3, which are 18. All are x64. The ones I am having issues with are the Ubuntu 16 systems, that have docker running. UFW is active on the system, so I added the rules I needed, and it refuses to connect to my relay (or anything else). I disable UFW, same thing. Mind you, I am only disabling ufw, no reboot or anything on the backside, and I cant find anything where people have reported issues or stated that a reboot might be needed.

I’ve made an app profile, and imported the rule in there as well, and still no go. I thought maybe it was DigitalOcean’s cloud firewall they offer, but there were no rules preventing in/out connections…and I had some of the systems actually connect with no issues, so I think it rules that out.

I thought maybe it was ignoring my rules I was adding so I looked at iptables, which is below, and my rules are there that I added with UFW app profiles, and by individual port/protocol. Is there something I am completely overlooking?

-A ufw-user-input -p udp -m udp --dport 52311 -j ACCEPT
-A ufw-user-input -p udp -m udp --dport 52311 -m comment --comment “‘dapp_BESAgent’” -j ACCEPT

iptables -A appends to the rule set, so if there is a block earlier it would still be blocked…you may need iptables -I instead to insert the rules earlier.

I don’t have a copy of Ubuntu handy, but they didn’t switch to firewall-cmd did they? You may want to check whether firewall-cmd exists.