Trc "connection code" entry using command line

hello guys,

to start a remote session on the targets in the internet, a connection code should be input by the logged on user on the target. (for example, what if targets are the advertisement wallscreens on the streets ?)

Is it possible to enter this code by taking an action with bigfix client ? can trc command-line tools make this possible?

I’m reviving this thread to try and seek some advice as well.

As per my understanding, RC cannot do unattended over the internet. Only a broker session can establish this.

I’m attempting to do this “code entry” via BigFix and the task seems to fail and I cannot find the reasoning behind this failure. Has anyone attempted and succeeded with this?

Thank you!

Hi All,

I’m posting an update here as I have managed to get this completed and working. I created a batch file within the action script that retrieves values from the input parameter, which in this case is the “access code” that the user would usually input.

Quentin

As stated by @QvR this is now indeed possible using the trc_gui command-line introduced in version 10.
You can use the BigFix client or a third party tool. This is the doc page for more details:

https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/lifecycle/Lifecycle/Remote_Control/RC_TUser_Guide/t_rc_using_the_command_line_to_send_actions_to_the_target_gui.html?hl=trc_gui%2Ccommand%2Cline

You need to use this command:

trc_gui --connect-with-cc=xxxxxx

Note that in the next fixpack a new feature will be added to allow unattended session on internet without the need of a connection code.

2 Likes