TRC caching username/password

This may not be the right forum…

I have discovered a user has somehow managed to get a username/password cached in their TRC Controller. I witnessed this myself, they open the controller, the hostname is remembered, and click “Active” or “Monitor” and it connects without asking for a username and/or password. The usename that is cached is NOT the same as their Windows login, so I’m stumped how this is happening. I need it to stop happening so I can force them to use their own username/password.

Hi,

There is no such mechanism in the Remote Control Controller.
Are you talking about the username and password required in the Check User Login panel ?

If the panel is not showed when a connection is established this means that the CheckUserLogin property on the target is set to No. You can set that property using the Remote Control Target Wizard on the BigFix Console:

Let us know if this solve your problem.

The “CheckUserLogin” turned out to be the issue. I didn’t suspect that at first because I’m the one that built the push for the configuration, and it is always set to “Yes”. Apparently I have an operator that has messed with it, but that’s beyond the scope of this forum. :grinning:

1 Like