To change local user group properties

Hi,

Is there a script where i’m able to change user membership properties from administrator to local user in BF console?

Hi,

Anyone got any updates on this?

I’m assuming you mean on windows and converting a user from Administrator to just a regular user?

How do you wish to select the user?

Hi @FatScottishGuy,

Yes, you are correct, i just select those users with Administrator roles and delete and input a local user account for eg. from /Administrator to /tomato

I still don’t understand what you are asking.
Are you trying to add members to the local Administrators group, remove members from the local Administrators group, or rename groups, or something else?

Hi @JasonWalker,

The request is to rename from Administrator to local user group

I “think” I am getting it…

You want to find all users named “Administrator” and rename them to something else whilst changing them to a non administrator role also?

I’m afraid that is still not clear to me. “Administrator” is a user account, “Administrators” is a local group.

Do you mean, for some member of the local “Administrators” group, remove the user from the Administrators group and add them to a different local group?

Edit: what BigFix would do for this is to deploy a command line to make the changes. Can you provide the command lines you would use to make this change, on one computer, without BigFix? Once we understand what you are doing we can help you with using BigFix to deploy your commands to multiple computers.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Sorry guys, my mistake was asking for user account. Its okay, I manage to get the script using cmd