Thumbprint of a certificate

I need to get a certificate’s thumbprint. I know its “Subject” value (or part of it) and I need the thumbprint, which is stated as a key name in the registries (folder name in certificate store). I constructed this relevance, but I get “Singular expression refers to nonexistent object”

following text of last "\" of (key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\C3 Inventory\Certificate Store\LocalMachine\My" whose (value "Subject" of it as string contains "ABB Intermediate CA") of native registry as string)

For example for a certificate with path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\C3 Inventory\Certificate Store\LocalMachine\My\9FE35E704BDBDABDB098827C4CEDCD1DF6A1F9A3 the desired result should be 9FE35E704BDBDABDB098827C4CEDCD1DF6A1F9A3

I verified, that certificate with value containing the mentioned string does exist on the server

Does this return any results for you?

names of keys whose (value "Subject" of it as string as lowercase contains "ABB Intermediate CA" as lowercase) of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\C3 Inventory\Certificate Store\LocalMachine\My" of native registry

1 Like

Yes, that’s precisely what I need. Thank you.

Hi Sean,

Do you happen to know of any updates that allow one to get the thumbprint of a certificate for which they know the Friendly name?

We’re on v 9.5.7.90

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, if you are using @strawgate’s C3 Inventory package like @Tobytja was, it’s a very similar query.

For example, I have a registry key at HKLM\SOFTWARE\C3 Inventory\Certificate Store\LocalMachine\Root\0048F8D37B153F6EA2798C323EF4F318A5624A9E that has a Friendly Name value of “Certisign Autoridade Certificadora AC1S”.

So to get the thumbprint, I can use:

q: names of keys whose (value "Friendly Name" of it as string as lowercase contains "Certisign Autoridade Certificadora AC1S" as lowercase) of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\C3 Inventory\Certificate Store\LocalMachine\Root" of native registry
A: 0048F8D37B153F6EA2798C323EF4F318A5624A9E

Thanks Sean.

Therein lies part of the problem as we do not use the C3 Inventory package (and to be honest I’m not even sure what that is). I’ve been having trouble finding “LocalMachine\my” too…

C3 is an excellent collection of custom content put together by the illustrious @strawgate.

http://c3.strawgate.com

1 Like