The operator "bes action" is not defined

now I succeeded to connect :smile:

but why i can’t run this command:

c:\IEM CLI>iem get query -relevance="(status of it, names of computer of it) of results whose (status of it is bes action status Waiting) of member actions of bes actions whose (id of it is 856352)"

error:Parameters must be of the form ‘–key value’ or ‘–key=value’

you need two - before the relevance

--relevance

you have only one

now it works! =] thank you!

is there a way to encrypt the password I need to write In the iem login?

I created a task to install the session relevance tester: http://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/3930

hi,

I need to get all the id actions of baseline…
how can I do that?

I’ve try:

action ids of bes baseline component of bes baseline whose (id of it is 1)

also- ids of bes action of bes baseline whose (id of it is 1)

Do you mean you need the action ID of the baseline itself, or you want the action IDs of all of the subcomponents of a particular baseline?

Hi,
I want the action IDs of all of the subcomponents of a particular baseline?

Thanks,
Ortal

just to make sure,

I have a baseline, that have one action - I need that action id

1 Like

Something along the lines of this example, returns the list of ids of actions taken on the fixlet 168 in the BES Support site

ids of taken actions of fixlet whose (id of it is 168) of bes site whose (id of it = 1)

This is what I would recommend:

ids of taken actions of custom bes fixlets whose(id of it = 1)

Note: “bes fixlets” will return all Fixlets, Tasks, Analyses, Baselines, etc… Internally, everything is a Fixlet but of different types. “custom bes fixlets” returns only the results of “bes fixlets” not contained within an external (IBM Provided typically) site. “custom bes fixlets” is faster and better to use than “bes fixlets” if you are only interested in custom/internal baselines.

1 Like

it works!
thank you very match for all your help!!!

:smile:

1 Like

Hi again! =]

something weird happened to me.
when i’m trying:
works fine! (also works with cmd)

when I run this ,but Extracts it by name it works in the Bigfix Session Relevance, but when I run it in the cmd with iem get query it doesn’t work :\

ids of taken actions of custom bes fixlets whose(name of it is “test”) ->>works in relevance

iem GET query --relevance “ids of bes fixlets whose (name of it is “test”)” ->> get an xml , with result:
The operator “test” is not defined

how can I fix it? I need to extract only by name.

thanks,
Ortal

I may be wrong but the relevance used to get the XML is not the same as the session relevance above it?.

It should be noted that I am not as familiar with session relevance as I’d like to or should be.

it works fine with the relevance :

ids of taken actions of custom bes fixlets whose(id of it = 1) ->> relevance bigfix

iem GET query --relevance “ids of taken actions of custom bes fixlets whose(id of it = 1)” ->> cmd

both get the same results

I’m sure you know this but capitalization matters to session relevance. Is it “test” or is it “Test”? Only thing I can think of.

even if this besline isn’t exist, the result in the xml suppose to be empty.
If I’ll run something that isn’t in the bigfix in relevance session, the result will be : “Results:0 items returned”

I’ve try for example this relevance in the cmd-iem get query:
with id that doesn’t exist, and the result in the xml was empty.

I guess I’m not understanding what you’re looking for. Do you want an XML file produced even if no result comes up from the relevance?

If there is no result do you NOT want an XML file produced?

I want xml with result.

I just explain to you that even if the bigfix doesn’t find the exact baseline, then the xml will extract with no result ( exactly like in the seesion relevance)

so, for your question if it’s “text” or “Text”, it doesn’t matter because the xml is extracting with the error I mentioned earlier:
The operator “test” is not defined

Ah okay. I get it now. I ran your query and it looks like you need to escape the quotes within the relevance. Try this:

iem GET query --relevance "ids of bes fixlets whose (name of it is \"test\")"
1 Like

In addition to @jmaple’s solution, try:

iem GET query --relevance 'ids of bes fixlets whose (name of it is "test")'

( Using a single quote instead of a double quote might not work on the command line, but this is how I get away with not escaping double quotes when using session relevance in JavaScript in WebReports, or in JavaScript in the Console, or in other similar circumstances )