The operator "bes action" is not defined

Copying this post from the old form

hi, i’m trying to use a relvance with the bes action, and I get an error “The operator “bes action” is not defined.”
trying something like that:
names of targeted computers of bes action whose (id of it = 207)

Is that in the fixlet debugger (qna) or using session relevance (presentation debugger, REST/SOAP API, session relevance tester) ?

bes action is a session object - so it’s not available on the client (qna)

hi,

yes I’m using qna.
from where I can download it?

and if I want to use rest api , with something like that:
“/api/query?relevance=(names of it, ids of it, state of it, status of result of it, detailed status of result of it ) of bes actions whose (id of it = 13987)”

where i’m writing it and run it? it’s from command line? what I need to download so it will work?

The presentation debugger is available in the Console.
Use keys ctrl+shift+alt+D to enable the debug menu, You’ll see Presentation Debugger it as a menu option.

There is a command line wrapper available for the REST API. Details here.

and if I want to use rest api , with something like that:

“/api/query?relevance=(names of it, ids of it, state of it, status of
result of it, detailed status of result of it ) of bes actions whose (id
of it = 13987)”

Yes. Put this into a URL with your server and port (default 52311), You can use curl or a browser for example:
https://{server}:52311/api/query?..

hi,
I’ve tried what you wrote me
(names of computer of it, detailed status of it) of results of bes action whose (id of it = 856102)

but I get the error: singular expression refers to nonexistent object

is it also for baseline?

Hi, It’s now working : (name of computer of it, detailed status of it) of results of bes actions whose (id of it is 856714)

but how am I checking it for baseline? I want to get all the computers that completed successfully from the baseline.

I also want to execute this with api/query , I want to run it automatically after the task ended, how can I do that?

Yes the action is created for baseline, fixlet, task. So you don’t need to do anything different for a baseline

This will depend on what your baseline does and its success criteria.
The different status states are listed here

Here’s a snippet that will return the list of computers that have reported a status of fixed.

( name of computer of it,  status of it ) of results whose (status of it = bes action status fixed) of bes actions whose (id of it is 70)

I’d suggest you have a look at what statuses you consider to “completed successfully” in your particular case.

ok.
I need to get all the computer with status fixed.

can I get all the computers from all the components of the baseline that in status fixed?

How can I export that list to a file?

I need to run some commands on that list. and I want to make all this automatically:

-Take action from the baseline

• get all the computers in state fixed (from all the components of the baseline)
  • export the list
  • run script on that list

is it possible ?

thanks,
Ortal

Try this relevance. The member actions are the components of the baseline.

(status of it, name of computer of it) of results whose (status of it is bes action status fixed) of member actions of bes action whose (id of it is 47)

I’d suggest you should test what results you get when you’ve multiple computers targeted and multiple results (some fixed, some not)

Have you tried the command line interface ?
It’s possible to do each to the items via the REST API and Command line interface.
This post has a link to a blog with examples of using the REST API which may help you understand it.

You might like to try the session relevance tester/editor tool as well

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Session%20Relevance%20Editor

hi,

thank you for your reply.
I entered the relevance you wrote but he can’t find anything. ( 0 rows)
are you sure it’s also related to baseline? I mean I entered the id of the baseline?

about the second question - I’ve checked and I found that I can connect to the Endpoint Manager server via cmd and run it with the iem.

something like that:
iem get query –relevance=” ( name of computer of it, status of it ) of results whose (status of it = bes action status Waiting) of bes actions whose (id of it is 856352)”

but I didn’t find how to connect . can you help me?

if I 'm running it I can schedule it so it will connect to the endpoint, run the relevance and export the list to a file.

Try without the

whose (status of it = bes action status Waiting)

To connect use the LOGIN [option][1], this example will prompt for the IEM server and credentails

iem LOGIN

Once connected you can make the other calls and direct the output to a file.
The output is in XML and the matching schema is on the IEM server.
Linux: /opt/BESServer/Reference
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\Reference
[1]: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS63NW_9.1.0/com.ibm.tem.doc_9.1/Platform/Config/c_user_authentication_and_sessio.html

hi,
trying without the “whose…” - still 0 rows

and I’ll try with the login

hi,
I tried the login, the command line doesn’t recognize the “iem Login”…‘iem’ is not recognized.

Is this is windows or Linux IEM Server ?
The command line is installed on the Server and you’ll either need its directory in the path or be in its installation directory.

Is 856352 the id of the Baseline, or the id of an Action taken on the baseline?

Since you’re using the plural “actions”, if this action does not exist you will not get an error, but 0 results.

1 Like

Hi,
I entered into the folder of the bigfix and still the iem login isn’t recognized.

about the relevance - is it’s id of the baseline , I entered the id of the action of the baseline and now it works. I need to try it with several components.

it’s windows.
I’ve tried to get into the installation folder from the command line but it still doesn’t recognized it.
which folder should I be on?

c:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\IEM CLI>

now I succeeded to connect :smile:

but why i can’t run this command:

c:\IEM CLI>iem get query -relevance="(status of it, names of computer of it) of results whose (status of it is bes action status Waiting) of member actions of bes actions whose (id of it is 856352)"

error:Parameters must be of the form ‘–key value’ or ‘–key=value’