TEM installed application and licenses

(imported topic written by Miran_p91)

Is it possible to manage licensing with TEM? I would like to see what and how many times is installed and compare with how many licenses is purchased. With Excel plug-in I get list of all the programs if I don’t have analyses for this. In web reports I have application search used, but I get listed programs by version and I have to calculate manually to get number for different version like IE8 – just one update installed and IE and is different version that is causing me problems.

Is it also possible to get key which was used for install? I know that my request is more for CMDB, but I think TEM is powerful enough for producing this result.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

You need the DSS Software Asset Manager… It does all this and more…

Ben

(imported comment written by Miran_p91)

Has this DSS have any prerequisites (using 3party tool or ibm tool) or is this a part of TEM? How is licensed for system lifecycle?

(imported comment written by Zen91)

If not mistaken, the new TEM DSS (Software usage analysis) can get number of software installed, and produce the result you wanted by your filter (depend how you customize it), pre-requisite is your TEM need to subscribe to this DSS site as well and it does not require third party tool. To get the key used for installation, I think you just try query from registry as license usually stored at registry (for windows)