Task to run inmediately

Hello, I am trying to create task that needs to run immediately, how can I achieve this?

At this point the action runs after a while, but there is an awful long time that the action stays in “not reported” status?

I have been trying changing the polling time by changing one of the clients to

_BESClient_Comm_CommandPollEnable = 1
_BESClient_Comm_CommandPollIntervalSeconds = 120

but no joy

thanks for the help

Could you clarify what “awful long time” would mean. Is this 1 minute, 1 hour or even longer?

If you use the “Send Refresh” to one of the systems, do you see the “ForceRefresh command received”? If not, you probably have UDP blocked.

Typically when I submit an action, I see it in the log file within 30 seconds (or less) unless it is one of my systems in a network where I do not have a relay and UDP is blocked. If that is the case, it can be up to 4 hours (I believe it was).

1 Like

Hello, Check the 3 boxes in the equation…The Server, The Relay and the console, in the server, the Bes client firewall rule UDP 52311 is open inbound, in the relay the BES Client and BES Relay is open for any port and any protocol inbound for those specific programs and in the consolethe BES Client and BES console also are open for any program

Still the the no reported status takes from 15-20 minutes to change to running.

Your help as always is appreciated.

Do you have access to tail the client logs as your testing this process? As you send the task you should see “GatherHashMV command received” (UDP packet received telling the client it has something to gather), then “Report posted successfully” (Posted job status and heartbeat info). If you don’t see those in an awful long time, there’s your issue.

My guess is this is a reporting issue. Your client reporting interval is set higher than you want, _BESClient_Report_MinimumInterval set lower. But that’s up to your BES admin.

Only other thing you COULD do (although some on the forum would smack me for saying it) is add “Notify client ForceRefresh” at the end of your action and it will do a full report.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for the help, I am the BES Admin…:-), but as this is a new deployment and we are transitioning from Tivoli Provisioning manager then my Knowledge so far is pretty basic.

I am able to log into the client machine and extract the log.
My latest test was:
Action time issued "06/09/2017 14:51:52
check the log in the client and nothing happened there until 15:15
At 15:15:53 +0100 -
GatherHashMV command received.
Bla bla bla
At 15:16:24 +0100 -
ActionLogMessage: (action:186) ending action
At 15:18:24 +0100 -
Report posted successfully

Question here is…why it took 24 minutes for the client to receive the command?

your help is really apreciated.