Tanium v6 installation using BIGFIX

Hi All,

I need a quick & urgent help.
need to create fixlet as install Tanium client deploy tool.

Can anyone please,help me.
By answering step by step process.

Maybe ask Tanium, they should have the steps for you.

2 Likes

You’d have to consult their docs for the right options since every program is different.

If you need urgent help, then consider paying for IBM Professional Services or AVP. Those helping in this forum are volunteering their time.

Related:

2 Likes

Thanks for replying mate.

But i need to create fixlet on BIGFIX for installing Tanium client deploy tool.

am pasting the power shell script for tanium version 2 but i need the script for latest version

download http://0.0.0.0:52311\C:\Program Files (x86)\Tanium\Tanium Client
continue if {(size of it = 4934050 AND sha1 of it = "a7915c09034cb2624727888fd7bb66f4ac2b76a4") of file "SetupClient.exe" of folder "__Download"}
download http://0.0.0.0:52311\C:\Program Files (x86)\Tanium\Tanium Client
continue if {(size of it = 586 AND sha1 of it = "e9b376a83b2f67217cd8451b1daf72fbba2815d4") of file "tanium.pub" of folder "__Download"}
action parameter query "TaniumDir" with description "Please enter the desired installation path" and with default value "C:\Program Files(x86)\Tanium\Tanium Client"
action parameter query "ServerName" with description "Please enter the name or IP address of the Tanium Server" and with default value "10.27.10.77"
action parameter query "ServerPort" with description "Please enter the port number of the Tanium Server" and with default value "17472"
if {exists service "TaniumClient" and (exists file (((if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else "none")) as string & "\TaniumSender.exe"))}
  waithidden {((if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else "none")) as string & "\TaniumSender.exe"} -u
  pause while {exists service "TaniumClient"}
endif
if {not exists service "TaniumClient" and (exists file (((if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else "none")) as string & "\TaniumSender.exe"))}
  waithidden cmd.exe /c rd /q /s {"%22" & ((if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else "none")) & "%22"}
  waithidden cmd.exe /c del /q /F {"%22" & ((if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry) then (value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tanium\Tanium Client" of registry as string) else "none")) & "%22"}
  delete __appendfile
  delete regdel.reg
  appendfile REGEDIT4
  appendfile [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tanium\Tanium Client]
  move __appendfile regdel.reg
  waithidden regedit /s regdel.reg
endif
wait __Download\SetupClient.exe /ServerAddress={parameter "ServerName" of action} /ServerPort={parameter "ServerPort" of action} /S /D={parameter "TaniumDir" of action}

I pinged to the tanium guys they are saying that,they no longer support tanium.
now they support APPCELERATOR

That is titanium not tanium. I think you contacted the wrong company.

This is definitely something Tanium will help you with.

I think you mean the Tanium Client, not the deploy tool. You don’t install the deploy tool itself on every system, only the client.

2 Likes

Guys …
I still need Fixlet for installing Tanium Client on windows & non-windows server???

Its bit hot work;really appreciate if you guys help me out…
Urgent…strong text

What happened when you contacted Tanium rather than Titanium?

2 Likes

Tanium absolutely has and will provide you with what you need. Just search their forum.

guys got it.
created fixlet in Bigfix.
Its working fine now.