Sync Bare Metal Server HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached

Hi,

when trying to sync the Bare Metal Server from the Server Management Dashboard, the sync task “Update Driver Manifests on Bare Metal Servers” runs into Timeouts when trying to download the .BFOSD Files from the Server.

I didn’t add any drivers yet, it’s just the default ones.

When i browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\wwwrootbes\Uploads on the server, all the files and folders seem alright.

Any Ideas on what i can check to solve the problem?

Thanks.

1 Like

try this: https://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/3959

That didn’t help. I already had the timeout set to 60 seconds beforehand.

In the Action Status, what does it show for the download files (from the Console they should show “Cached on Server”)?

I had an instance once where the driver library dashboard variables got out-of-sync with the file content and the client was trying to download a driver manifest that no longer existed.

It says “Failed”, see the screenshot below.

Like I said, I checked the files on the filesystem, they were all there and the Hashes are fine aswell.

Thanks for you help so far.

Hi,
have you ever tried to copy and paste the URL of each file on a browser? What is the result?

It shows:

[root]
OS=8
arch=x86
oscode=W8X86
wpetype=4
[drivers]

On a blank webpage, for the first file.

This is the expected file. So URL, at least for W8X86 file, is correct. it is likely that other URLs are correct too.
Did you look to the log file of the synchronization? File absolute path is C:\Program Files\Common Files\IBM Tivoli\ManifestImport.log

There is no ManifestImport.log in that folder, or anywhere on the system. I gotta be missing something here…

Could you try to manually copy the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\wwwrootbes\bfmirror\downloads\sha1 and retry? Each file has to be renamed to the sha1 hash value

That didn’t help either

Ok, you should open a case to get official support
Regards