SW Catalog Version Warning Icon?

Might be a silly question. But as my manager is poking around in BFI he keeps asking me why there’s a warning triangle by the SW Catalog Version in the BFI Console. (Image attached)

I know my catalog is up to date as i applied the 9.2.14.2 fixlet to the BFI server and the new catalog was deployed to my whole environment as of Wednesday this week.

When hovering over the icon it is indicated that there is 'an IBM product not in the current catalog…please update the SW Catalog".

I am under the impression this warning is an indication that there is an updated catalog available and should go away once the catalog is updated. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Try to click on “Software Components” and filter by:
Component definition source | in set | SWID IBM Tags Without License Info

Post the results if you can.

1 Like

I don’t have an ‘in set’ for that so I opted for ‘contains’. Kicks back a single line item (grabbed the CSV output):

IBM,IBM Aspera Connect Web Browser Plug-In,3.7,"","",SWID IBM Tags Without License Info,1

We have been wondering about this too. When I do the report on “Software Components” I get the following result :

I will follow up with catalog team to understand if those are really fresh releases that will be added in next catalog. or something that is missing.

OK great! Thanks. Would it be helpful to open a case with support? (I don’t mind doing that)

Im here to prevent opening cases :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a PMR open for the exact same issue for that Aspera software (TS001858753)

1 Like

Most excellent. :+1::+1:

Hi,

Did you got any update on the case ?
Please share the info so, that it will be helpful for other BFI Admin

Regards,
Manish

No recent update, they were going to investigate why Aspera catalog item.

I received email from a team member from the catalog team. Sent him the information above for the issue I reported. Good to see they’re actively working on things! Thanks @MichalPaluch!