SUSE patches with Exit code 104

Does anybody here is patching SUSE servers through BigFix?

I have configured the SCC plugin successfully and all the rpm’s are getting downloaded to the root server. But still I see the status as Failed in console on all the SUSE servers with error code 104. How do I fix it?

Is this related to Zypper by anyway?

104 - ZYPPER_EXIT_INF_CAP_NOT_FOUND
       Returned by the install and the remove command in case any of the arguments does not match any of the
       available (or installed) package names or other capabilities.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

I realize this is over a year old but I’m running into the same issuse. I can’t find where the problem is coming from, but the 104 error is a zypper error meaning that either the content is not found on the target server (no matching rpm) or the content is not found in the available rpms.

Knowing that is nice, but I still cannot find out what is going on and why the fixlet actions keep failing.

Buddy if you’re looking for a response from me. We fixed it long back with the help of PMR. But I couldn’t really recall what exactly we did.

It’s old thread but answer might still be useful.
We also had this exit code - 104 recently.
And in our case it was due to misconfiguration in our Suse download plugin.

2 Likes

can you please share what was the issue in configiration we are getting the same error and we are trying for the first time to patch SUSE systems.