Suppressing Windows Copilot on Win 11 23H2

Is there a way through bigfix to disable windows copilot on a lot of machines since it does not work currently and it’s still in beta mode.
Appreciate the help

Hi @Iamabeginner,
you can disable the windows copilot utility using local group policy editor on the below mentioned path:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Copilot

screenshot of the window is attached herewith for your reference, you just need to enable the setting and it will disable the use of windows copilot on the deviceScreenshot (493)

You can apply Local GPO with BigFix by setting it in the Local Group Policy Editor on a system, exporting it to a file, then using that file with Local GPO Utilities. There are example on BigFix.Me

Alright appreciate it

Hi @jgstew , could you provide me some links on information about this local gpo utilities mentioned here? I have a software restriction policy that I would like to push out using bfix if possible to make sure we catch all machines. I know you posted the link to bigfix.me but I have clue as to what I am looking for.

Thanks!

1 Like

It comes from Microsoft. The latest version seems to be here:

See this: LGPO.exe - Local Group Policy Object Utility, v1.0 - Microsoft Community Hub

It allows you to set a local group policy object on a system that does not have any applied using gpedit, then run the utility to export those settings to a text file, then use that text file in a BigFix fixlet/task to apply that same GPO setting to any computer using BigFix.

3 Likes

Thanks @jgstew , I’ll read up on that info. I appreciate it.