Support for Volume licensed version of Office 2019

Looks like only retail versions of Office 2019 are currently supported. I couldn’t find fixlets for the volume licensed version.
Are there plans to support the volume licensed version as well?

Our Office 2019 fixlets should work for volume licensed versions as well.

From what I understand, Office 2019 is only availabe with the click 2 run technology. This is different from Office2013 / Office 2016 where msi-based installers were available through MS VLSC.

You won’t see two separate sets of updates as you do for Office 2016 (1 set for msi based installs & 1 set for click-2-run based installs).

Are the current Office 2019 fixlets not relevant on your endpoints that have Office 2019 installed?

Yes, 2019 is click 2 run only. But the volume licensed version is different from the retail version, not the same version numbers:

Additionally, there’s only one update channel:

The UpdateBranch registry key is missing, and the CDNBaseUrl is different (http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/f2e724c1-748f-4b47-8fb8-8e0d210e9208).
If I’d set the update channel, they would become relevant, but since the version doesn’t match, the action would never complete.

Thanks and Regards,
Martin

@martin.germann, I am mistaken. You are right. Looks like our current content only supports the retail versions.
We do want to support the volume license versions as well. I’ll follow up with this and push it down to the team.

1 Like