Superseding baselines?

Is there a documented process for how to perform Supercedence of baselines like what is done by HCL for the patch fixlets?

Since my baselines have actions which are generically true due to relevance like ‘pending reboot’ or the like the previous month baselines always start to report as having 1-1,000 systems relevant.

I currently go back and update the baselines every few months to add ‘false’ to the baseline relevance.

Alternately would be a feature request to allow for ‘archiving’ baselines - allow taging multipe and have the system automatically update with ‘false’ relevance. Similar to “hide” option. The benefit of the Supersedence process would be to track the chain of what replaced what over time.

I do not delete the baselines for some time due to need to show history of activities on systems.
I know most of the history is available within the db, when deleted, but the ability to build or leverage tools to extract is not something i have mastered or have the time to learn.

The applicbility of a baseline will (should) reduce over time as the content it contains become remediated.

You have to decide whether to periodically sync the baselines, so that supersedence of content gts reflected in the baseline, or you want to continue to bring clients up to the standard initially defined for the baseline.

In the case where something like a “Pending Restart” Relevance is the only thing causing a Baseline to show relevant, usually what I’d do is to edit the baseline, expand the Components, and de-select the checkbox for “Include in Baseline Relevance”. This is the default behavior for Tasks, as opposed to Fixlets.

With that de-selected, the component will execute if it’s relevant when you action the baseline, but that component on its own would not make the Baseline relevant.