Superseded Windows Pathces

Hello, I have been running a airgapped server for a number of years. Many of the downloads in the SHA1 folder have been superseded. I was wondering if it would be possible to use session relevance to query the superseded windows patches and generate a list of the sha1 values. I could then use this list to delete the old downloads and save /reclaim space in the sha1 directory. Has anyone done something similar to this?

I’ve not tested this, but here’s a potential bit of relevance to try:

unique values of ((preceding texts of firsts " " of following texts of firsts "sha1:" of scripts whose (it contains "download" or it contains "prefetch") of it ) of actions of it) of bes fixlets whose (name of it as lowercase contains "superseded" and (Fixlet flag of it or baseline flag of it or task flag of it) AND exists actions whose ( exists script of it) of it)

This is almost perfect. When I ran this in the presentation debugger I got one huge sha1 string. How can I add some type of separator or space between each sha1 value?

OK so this is what I tried, seems to be working Not sure its the best solution, any feedback would be very welcome

(it &", "& (multiplicity of it as string)) of unique values of ((preceding texts of firsts " " of following texts of firsts “sha1:” of scripts whose (it contains “download” or it contains “prefetch”) of it ) of actions of it) of bes fixlets whose (name of it as lowercase contains “superseded” and (Fixlet flag of it or baseline flag of it or task flag of it) AND exists actions whose ( exists script of it) of it)

I am also wondering if this could be further filtered bu site, for example Enterprise security, updates for windows application etc.

In fact, it can :slight_smile: We can use the site of <bes fixlet> inspector, to filter. Perhaps something like the following:

unique values of ((preceding texts of firsts " " of following texts of firsts "sha1:" of scripts whose (it contains "download" or it contains "prefetch") of it ) of actions of it) of bes fixlets whose ((display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows" OR display name of site of it = "Updates for Windows Applications") AND name of it as lowercase contains "superseded" and (Fixlet flag of it or baseline flag of it or task flag of it) AND exists actions whose ( exists script of it) of it)

(by the way, if running in Presentation Debugger, be sure to Evaluate as ‘String’ rather than HTML or Presentation…this should avoid the long singular string you may have seen previously)

1 Like