Stop Action & Systems Updating Progress

I have a simple question “I think”. If I stop the action, does the current running fixlet also stop or does it continue processing and no more fixlets after that run? I believe the fixlet continues to run and no more after that run but want to be sure. If the latter is true and the current job that was running during the stop action is executed would the result of that stopped action update itself in the stopped Action? i.e. completed, failed etc…

It will stop the running action, even if it is in the middle of execution when the client gathers the stop.
It will not, however, kill any spawned processes from the ‘wait’ or ‘run’ commands, so if a binary installer was “stuck”, the __Downloads folder may be locked and prevent downloads from the next action.
You may need to send a follow-up action to ‘taskkill.exe’ or ‘/bin/kill’ any spawned processes. As long as the follow-up action does not require any downloads it should run.

2 Likes

So lets say that the spawned process finished and the patch is now considered completed would it update the action that was stopped and change it to completed if the state was running?

Negative, once stopped the Action Status will no longer update in the Console.

1 Like