SQL Query for Fixlet Description

Can anyone tell me what the sql query equivalent is to ( name of it, body of it ) of bes fixlets whose ( … )

Thanks in advance !

First we don’t recommend it, and mainly for the reason I’m going to point out… which DB version? As the Schema isn’t a “public” schema we don’t need to maintain any compatibility and thus if you start querying the DB directly its not going to work from release to release.

I’d much more suggest you use the REST API

Hi Alan, i appreciate all that. DB is 9.2.5.
If you could provide the query, that would be a great help.

@AlanM any chance you can provide the query for 9.2.5 … pretty please :slight_smile:

Would the scope of this include both Fixlets from External sites and Custom sites? Or one or the other?

@Aram Just external sites. We are currently conducting a poc of the SCM site and want to see if we can scrape the description fields for the CIS benchmarks specifically.

I too would recommend leveraging the REST API instead (is there a particular reason that approach would not work in this case?) of a SQL query (aside from the fact that the schema can - and will - change with versions potentially breaking the integration, direct queries such as this can lead to both performance and functional issues).

That said, I will send you a sample SQL query via PM.

You should be able to get the descriptions with Session Relevance, which can then be queried with the REST API and will be more stable long term than a SQL query.

@Aram thanks for the reply!