SQL patch content mismatch with device 32 and 64bit - seeking guidance

I am noticing some higher occurrence of false positives when it comes to SQL patch content. Usually this comes down to a 32bit patch showing as applicable when 64bit SQL is being used or vice versa.

The guidance I’m seeking is to better understand if there is a common practice to installing SQL in a way that it leaves behind evidence that causes the 32bit content to be applicable when it shouldn’t?

Right now, I’m enabling more analysis to better quantify and identify these issues. But, I’m wondering if others have had to correct standard procedures from SQL teams so that it doesn’t cause this mess in the first place?

I don’t know of anything systemically wrong with the content, but I think there sometimes are cases where there are mixed x32 and x64 components installed together making a system applicable for both patches - for instance it’s pretty common to have both x32 and x64 versions of SQL Native Client installed, to support both 32 and 64-bit client applications. That doesn’t always mean the system needs both architectures of patch, but sometimes it does.