Some of my Windows 2012 servers after reboot via TEM the status isnot getting changed

Hi All,

i have issue with some of my Windows 2012 servers action status not getting changed after the multiple reboots and i have tried the below methods to over come this issue but still i am facing this in some of the servers.

1. Tried the manual reboot - but status is not getting changed
  2. tried the the reboot via TEM action after the patching. ( all the patches status also shows as “PENDING RESTART” but when i checked the server was rebooted few min back)
  3. restarted the server from "Restart needed fixlets which are in TEM console.
  4. using the custom action.

above all methods didn’t give me the result which i want.

can any one help to resolve this .

Naresh.

I’m assuming the action status is ‘Pending Restart’, and it’s not changing to Fixed or Failed as you might expect? This can be due to a number of things. I’d recommend reviewing the following Technote for more information: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21506002

Looks like that document is out of date. As of Windows Vista the following were added:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\RebootPending
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Updates  with the value UpdateExeVolatile

These will also be checked to see if the newer Windows Updates mark for reboots required