Solaris LDOM Controllers

Hi All,
I have a few LDOM controllers in my infrastructure. I am looking for a way to determine what guest are running on each LDOM controller using BigFix. If I login to the LDOM cotroller I would run ldm list to get the list of servers that are running on the controller. I would like to be able to maybe have a relevance to do this by making an analysis to output the data.
Thanks in advance for the help.

SeaCros

I don’t know the first thing about Solaris or LDOM, but I know how to output text to a file and have BigFix read it!

Others with more knowledge in this specific domain might be able to give you a better answer, but one simple solution would be to have a recurring task that runs the ldm list command on your servers and outputs that information to a text file, say to /var/opt/BESClient/__BESData/guests.txt.

From there, you could have an analysis that reported on

lines of file "/var/opt/BESClient/__BESData/guests.txt"`

LDOM controllers are like Virtual host. They hold LDOM clients that are like virtual guest. What i am looking to find is a way to use BigFix to scan my LDOM controller(s) to list the LDOM guest.
Thanks

Right — one way you could accomplish that is to create a scheduled BigFix task that ran ldm list > /var/opt/BESClient/__BESData/guests.txt against your LDOM controllers on some regular interval. From there, you could create an analysis property using the relevance I posted above to read the lines of that file.

This suggestion is only useful if the ldm list command gets you the information you want, which was my interpretation of your original post.