Software scan missing on 4 machines

ENV: BIG Fix EndPoint Server v9.1.1117
ILMT v9.2.3.1
OS Linux Redhat v6.3

Hi guys,

Another newbie question which I’m sure will be food and drink for some of your guys!

I have around 75 machines (windows and unix) that the BES clients are running from and sending back scans/results to the End Point Server (and then on to ILMT). Almost all of them appear to be workng fine. I have four however that ILMT is reporting as “Missing Scan Results”. Drilling down further into the the reason from ILMT the “Catalogue Scan Results Missing” row is set to “Yes” for all four of the culprits.

I’ve tried to trouble shoot this myself using the following documentation;

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8JFY_9.2.0/com.ibm.lmt.doc/Inventory/probdet/r_probs_scan.html

I couldn’t find anything in the doc that matched my scenario. I’ve tried to un install the BES Client on one of these servers and re install, hasn’t really helped me much as the scan “appears” to be successful from the End Point console, but then when I check the ILMT Server nothing get loaded. I must be missing something obvious here but not quite sure what.

Any idea’s on this one guys?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Rgds,
Dil

I would start by upgrading LMT, 9.2.14 is already out, with 9.2.15 scheduled in March.
This puts you exactly 3 years behind… thats a long time.

Next, I would make sure scanner is up to date.
Also BigFix platform 9.1 is ancient, there were multiple APARs since than, that caused a lot of issues with scan upload.

You really need to start by upgrading to BigFix 9.5.11 and LMT 9.2.14

Hi Michal,

Thanks again for your response. The plan always was to upgrade as soon as possible as I became aware of how behind we are from the current versions when I first took it over.

I just wanted to make sure I was upgrading from a good base and wanted to clear up some of the issues before I progressed to upgrading. Is there really nothing I can do to see if I can get the scans to work on the current version? I thought I could atleast attempt some trouble shooting before cutting loose on the upgrade.

Also, forgive my novice-ness whats the “scanner” - I haven’t come across this part of the system yet.

Rgds,
Dil

I think its better to upgrade first, its quite possible issues you are facing were resolved during those 3 years and you now will be troubleshooting something that was already fixed.
In the end, you will need to update anyway.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSKLLW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.inventory.doc/Inventory/planinconf/t-setting-up-scans.html

Scanner is a component deployed on endpoints by “Install or Update Scanner” fixlet, it is used by BFI to perform capacity/hardware and software scans.

Make sure you have that installed and all types of scans scheduled, as well as uploads of the results.