Software Installation Review

I have the unenviable task of reviewing all of the software installed on all of our systems. I am using the “All Metrics” report as the list of software installed. This list is very extensive. There are approximately 1600 different software titles. Part of the problem is that some of these titles are components of packages. In other words some of the titles do not show up in Programs and Features because they belong to a bigger package.

Has anyone else had to review software installed using the “All Metrics” report. If so, what is the best way to find the application the component is using? I ask the end users, or use Google.

Hi,

When components are shown on All Metric rather than products then it sounds like software classification issue. BFI not always has all information required to make a bundling out of the box. There are many steps than can be made. Most promising might be custom rule.

This may be helpful: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8JFY_9.2.0/com.ibm.lmt.doc/Inventory/softinv/t_sc_custom_rules.html

Regards,
Andrzej