Software Installation Report- Total Run Time result is Zero

Hello,

Please educate me about the “Total Run Time” property in software installation report where result coming zero (0),

below is more inside on one software

what is a way to fix this and another application on the same machine getting data.

Regards,
Shaban

Have you activated the Application Usage Statistics analysis in the BigFix Console (navigate to Sites > External Sites > IBM BigFix Inventory v9 > Analyses)? After activating it and allowing time for the endpoints to evaluate and report on it’s properties, run an import in BFI to collect the information. See here: Monitoring and reporting software usage

FYI - the signature you asked about is for discovery only, on any operating system, because it is a Software Identification tag (it has an attribute usage=no). You can see this in the right side of the screen (which is cut off in the image you uploaded).

Only executable-based signatures allow for the gathering of usage data. To see which signatures have this ability, you can search the Software Catalog.

As per my understanding Average Run time is calculated dividing Total Run Time/Total Run. So, If you see my highlighted screen you would notice that we have value (0.026) in Average run time but Total Run time is showing 00. If I go via formula and calculate Average run time for Windows Mail (highlighted in the screenshot) then it’s be 00:00 (Total Run time (00:00:00) / Total Run (4)).

Please suggest if I am missing something or We need to modify some parameter in BigFix Inventory.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Shaban

Do you see results in the BigFix Console for the Analysis Application Usage Statistics for the computers in question? Is the Analysis activated?

I suggest that you run the Software Installations report again, and add the following two columns from the Application Usage section of the Configure View dialog:

• Last Used
  • Average Run time

This may give you more insight into the numbers.

By the way, in your screen shot, the value 0.026 is actually Average Runs per Day.

Yes, Analysis activated in bigfix console and observed below things "-

scenario 1:-

Checked in analysis one application Microsoft Policy Platform application is reflecting there and that’s also reflecting in BFI console with all require details (Total Run Time/ Last Use /Average Run Time etc.)

scenario 2:-

Second example checked Framework 3.0 not reflecting in analysis also not data not coming in BFI.
How to achieve this if the application is installed ?

scenario 3:-

Other side in some software property I can see last use of the software and Average run time data but the Total Run Time getting 00 (Zero) why ?

You need to also incorporate the column “Has Usage”. Not every discoverable component has usage.

Check the open action Initiate Software Scan (9.x.y.z) in your environment. Perhaps the flag runAppUsageScan is false.

The task “Initiate Software Scan (9.x.y.z)” has a checkbox in the setup page:

The next step is to use the task Collect Logs from Endpoints (9.x.y.z) and target the endpoints where the data is not showing up. If that doesn’t provide the information you need to resolve the issue, then I suggest you open a case with HCL.