Software distribution - relevance clause for software version

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I am using the Software Distribution Wizard to create a task to deploy our antivirus software upgrade. I am able to report computers based on OS but need to also only report computers that do not have the new software upgrade. So by OS and version number. I’ve tried writing the relevance clause for the software version and I either get all computers reporting (even the upgraded ones) or I get zero computers reporting. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Below is an example of all computers reporting, including the ones that already have the upgraded software…

(name of it = “Win2000” OR (name of it = “Win2003” AND NOT x64 of it) OR ((name of it = “Win2008” or (name of it = “WinVista” and product type of it != nt workstation product type)) AND NOT x64 of it) OR name of it = “Win2008R2”) of operating system AND ((not exists key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symanted Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion” of native registry) OR (not exists value “PRODUCTVERSION” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symanted Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion” of native registry) OR (value “PRODUCTVERSION” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symanted Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion” of native registry as string != “12.1.2015.2015”))

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

The first thing I notice is there is a typo “Symantec” is spelled “Symanted” The next is just some trouble shooting techniques. You might install the Fixlet Debugger on a machine you expect to respond in a certain way. After that I like to test my relevance in chunks sometimes. So you might create an analysis and put in some of your statements as individual properties to see which one might be causing an issue.

For instance:

Property 1:

(not exists key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symanted Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion” of native registry)

Property 2:

not exists value “PRODUCTVERSION” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symanted Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion” of native registry

etc…

Thanks! I’ll correct the typo and give it a try in chunks!

I was able to get this to work by trying it in chunks. Thanks for the advice!!