Software Distribution Exit code 129

Hi,

We are trying to install SAP GUI through bigfix, we are getting different exit code like 129,145 can some one explain what these exit code means.

The exit codes are simply the exit codes from whatever your actionscript calls. You need to check the installer documentation to see what they mean (although these, themselves, are often passed through from the underlying OS function return codes - 129 isn’t documented, but 145 means ‘directory not empty’)

Hi @karl_0601 are you using the correct silent switch or no please check in the installation document of the SAP.

What version of SAP you are trying to install ?

Anything in the exit code means that the software is not properly installed.

Regards,
KK

1 Like

thanks for the input @trn

Hi @karthik04 we are trying to upgrade to sap 7.70 Patch6 version and for exit code 129 its getting installed perfectly any thoughts on this.

I found this which suggests 129 is the SAP exit code for a restart being required.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCCM/comments/r522ek/sap_gui_install_via_psadt/

If that is the case then maybe you could add actionscript so if exit code 129, it will exit with code 3010 which may allow the Bigfix action to see it as Pending Restart, or of course you could force a Pending Restart by using action requires restart.

1 Like

Hi @karl_0601 after going through the documentation of the SAP, the exit code which you are getting is based on re-boot as shared by @SLB.

As per my experience in the SW deployment, whenever i got an exit code the SW dint got installed properly. For the Best practice what you can do is take a pre-reboot before deployment of the SW by this all the pending changes on the system will also get applied and you deployment will also get installed successfully.

Regards,
KK

1 Like

Hi @SLB, As you said it was correct after installation the system needed a reboot now everything is working fine.

Thanks for the input.