Software classification

BF
Hello,
neither total runs not last used are shown in software inventory summary.
could you help in this please ?

Hover over Configure then select “Configure View”, then check the columns you want to add.

@mutassem The Software Summary report, as it is currently designed, does not have either of these columns available…

The Inventory Exploration report, which is deprecated, does include this information. If you’d like the Software Summary report to include them, you should add this request as an Idea at the BigFix Product Ideas Portal.

1 Like

Have you configured the scanners to keep track of those? That said, it is a bit “iffy” in my experience - I never really did an in-depth analysis as to what extend it is reliable but it doesn’t discover data across the board (for all software) that I can tell you (I think it really depends on what the actual signature is based on and whether it can correctly map it to all the executables of the product but don’t have any evidence of it).

1 Like

columns are already configured to be added but there is no data in them

i checked this and marked but still no data in columns

checked it in inventory exploration report but same (No Data)

Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t fully understand the problem you’re facing.

Not every discoverable software component has a usage signature, and since this report is aggregating at the Publisher level, it is difficult to see from this view which individual products are in your data set.

That being said, you might look into the following areas:

1. Run the Usage per Computer Report. Do you have data for the computers you expect?
  2. Do all of the computers participate in collecting Application Usage statistics? You can check to see that all your computers have the following three computer settings:
  • _BESClient_UsageManager_EnableAppUsageSummary
  • _BESClient_UsageManager_EnableAppUsageSummaryApps
  • _BESClient_UsageManager_EnableAppUsageSummaryPath
1 Like

As I mentioned, in my experience not all discovered software actually are discovered based on .exe(s) that you can track usage statistics on. You may want to narrow down to one app that it does and still BFI doesn’t show usage, and raise a case on it. Troubleshooting “all” blindly is not really a good approach.

2 Likes