Small issues noticed with TEM Mobile Client on iOS

(imported topic written by kedolw23)

Hi,

I have installed the TEM Mobile Client from AppStore on my iPad and enrolled the device to my MDM extender. Everything worked fine except two things I have noticed:

1. Device ownerships reports ‘n/a’ even if on the device I have selected it’s company owned (or personal)

2. “Send message to User - Apple iOS” action fails. Other push notifications work fine, but this one in the iosmdm.log shows below errors:

2012-03-05 15:54:13

WARN

iOSMDM

• Device DN6G2P59DFHY has no app token and cannot send app push notifications

ERROR

iOSMDM

• Command failure ‘push message’ (#1330959253-3): #<CommandFailure: Could not send push message>

C:/Program Files/BigFix Enterprise/Management Extender/MDM Provider/work/ios/webapp/WEB-INF/app/controllers/proxy_controller.rb:163:in `command’

org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1612:in `each’

C:/Program Files/BigFix Enterprise/Management Extender/MDM Provider/work/ios/webapp/WEB-INF/app/controllers/proxy_controller.rb:58:in `command’

org/jruby/RubyBasicObject.java:1688:in `send

org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:2114:in `send’

…}

INFO

iOSMDM

• Rendered text template (0.0ms)

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I concur that “Send message to User - Apple iOS” action fails.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey guys,

Glad you found our app in the appstore (they just accepted and posted it this last weekend).

http://itunes.apple.com/lk/app/ibm-endpoint-manager-mobile/id495279691?mt=8

It is expected for the moment that the notifications (for newly recommended apps and for messages to the device) won’t work until our next Mgmt Extender for iOS update. This reason for this is that the notification keys that our Mgmt Extender is currently using in the earlier Beta release are for the test version of the app and now that the official app is released, we will update our Mgmt Extender to use the newer notification keys.

That update should be ready soon.

Thanks!

Ben