Site owner and computer subscriptions

We run BigFix 10 patch 5. Looking at operator permissions I do not find anything about site subscriptions.

As a site owner is not allowed to edit/view site subscriptions I’m wondering if this is a wanted behavior or a bug?

It’s wanted behavior. The actions that subscribe computers to site is part of the Master Action Site, and subscriptions can only be changed by Master Operators.

One common approach when delegating rights is for the master operator to create the custom site and assign subscriptions based upon tagging or computer groups that the normal operator has rights to change. The site subscription criteria is a one-time setup, but the operator can change the computer to match or not-match that criteria.

For instance as the delegated operator, you may assign a client setting on the computer for “MySiteA”=“true”, and once that setting is matched the computer matches the property to subscribe to the MySiteA custom site.

1 Like

Thanks Jason. As site subscription is usually not a daily task it’s fine for me.