Simple ServiceNow Dataflows Filterquery not working

The below string for filterquery was confirmed to work in the SNow API explorer and passes validation setting up with dataflows.exe but we are seeing VMs reconcile against SNow CI that are Install_status=7 that should not even be returned if the filter was working.

<sourceadapter displayname="ServiceNow Adapter" adapterclass="servicenow" datasourcename="ServiceNowAPI">
<filterquery><![CDATA[Install_status=1]]></filterquery>
<device_properties>

Is that the correct location in the config file? Below sourceadapter? Or some other obvious gaff?

You got it in the correct location but at least according to my quick test the SNow API is case-sensitiveā€¦ with Install_status=1 is NOT working but if you make the ā€œIā€ lowercase (i.e. install_status=1) it does. Hope it helps you.

For what is worth, I do find running the queries directly in PostMan and see the results in situations like to figure out is it really Dataflows issues or my own. Here is an example (it can work with sys_id and without, difference being it further filters to one object only or runs against the entire table):

Thanks for the hint. I tested inside the SNow API explorer but it seems that interface is a bit more forgiving and I did not carry through and test with postman or curl. With no errors in dataflows logs or validation nor the Explorer it was not obvious case could be an issue.

1 Like