Simple CMD Not Working

I have been trying options for days now so I am hoping someone can help me out. I am trying to run a simple command. I have tested the command in a batch script, but cannot get the batch script to run either. Here is what I am trying to send in an Action Script. I have reviewed all of the posted Topics but no success.

dos “c:\program files (x86)\pgp corporation\pgp desktop” pgpwde --add-bypass --count 1 --p “The Password”

I have also tried
waithidden cmd.exe /c “c:\program files (x86)\pgp corporation\pgp desktop” pgpwde --add-bypass --count 1 --p “The Password”

I have also run the wizard for the batch file and it completes but never does the action for the bypass and the system restarts to the preboot screen.

Any help is appreciated.

Try adding
action uses wow64 redirection false
to your action script, anywhere before the ‘dos’ or ‘waithidden’. As the BESClient process is 32-bit, by default Windows redirects the \windows\system32, \program files, HKLM\Software, etc. to their corresponding 32-bit paths.

Alternatively, you could take advantage of this by not turning off wow64 redirection, and instead try calling the program via

waithidden cmd.exe /c "c:\program files\pgp corporation\pgp desktop" pgpwde --add-bypass --count 1 --p "The Password"

Here, the “c:\program files” path will be automatically redirected to “c:\program files (x86)”.

If neither of those helps, I’ve come across some problems that I think are caused by having more than one set of doublequotes on the waithidden command. I haven’t tested all the scenarios yet, but you might try creating & running a script instead to avoid an issue with ‘waithidden’, as in

delete __appendfile
appendfile "c:\program files (x86)\pgp corporation\pgp desktop" pgpwde --add-bypass --count 1 --p "The Password"
delete UpdatePwd.cmd
move __appendfile UpdatePwd.cmd
waithidden cmd.exe /c UpdatePwd.cmd
delete UpdatePwd.cmd

Another idea would be to check for error output - like what’s in your client log (found here C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\__BESData\__Global\Logs on the endpoint you’re testing against.

Or maybe redirect stdout from your cmd:
pgp cmd to some known location like pgp pgpwde --add-bypass --count 1 --p mycoolpassword > c:\pgp-ouptut.log 2>&1

Hopefully that’ll help shed some light.

I had issues before with running pgp commands in Bigfix. Try to run the command with the system account using psexec to test. I am not managing pgp anymore so I can’t test from my side.