SG connector BigFix and BigFix Servicenow Data Flow

Hi

I have been working on SG connector for HCL BigFix in my ServiceNow instance.
But found out about BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow. Could you please help me with the different classes that these pull from BigFix*inventory), both the SG connector and the Data Flow.

Thank you

Hi,

Not entire sure what your target is. The BFI SG is one-way integration (it takes data from BFI and puts it to ServiceNow); the Data Flow is bidirectional but it uses BIgFix Platform itself for data, on ServiceNow side it generally only works with cmdb_ci_computers table officially. That said, if you are trying to pull ServiceNow data into BigFix Platform you can do it for other tables to some extend with dot-walking in my experience, assuming the field essentially cross-linked to computer table - for example, if you are trying to get a computerā€™s install date which is generally in the ā€œassetā€ table, you can do ā€œasset.install_dateā€ and it does work but as far as I know that only works for retrieval, not for writing into ServiceNow (I havenā€™t tested but that is my understanding). Also, one more major difference is that SG works with import sets/ServiceNow Integration Hub which allows ServiceNow to control which data source has priority over which and so on down to the table and field level; Data Flows does NOT - i.e. you point it to cmdb_ci_computersā€™ ā€˜nameā€™ field and it will go and override it without caring what ServiceNow have configured to be the priority and what kind of controls/rules theyā€™ve put in placeā€¦

Hope it answers what you are after, if not please explain further what you are trying to do exactly.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Iā€™m actually looking for the specific classes that each brings in to ServiceNow. As we do Discovery, we already get Computer, but what different set of classes does the SG BigFix and Data Flow bring into ServiceNow is what I want to know.

Thanks

As far as I am aware Data flows canā€™t write to any other ServiceNow classes apart from computers then, so donā€™t think it will be the product for you but letā€™s wait, maybe someone is aware of anything elseā€¦