Session relevance for checking action start time end time

Hello team,

Just wondering if you have any session relevance that will try to filter out actions according to their execution start time and end time.

From the BES Console’s action list, we can only see the Time Issued but this will be time issued and not the time when the patching will start on the targeted machines. Our objective is to get the action ID (most likely parent ID and doesn’t need to be for each machine), action name/title, start time and end time (not the time they finished from the machine but the assigned expiration time) so we would know which actions are executed or have executed in a given time range.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

What you need is to get to the “action results” level instead of “action”: Something along these lines (obviously, you can control the machines / fixlets / whether it’s parent level or child / etc):

(name of computer of it, detailed status of it, (if (exists start time of it) then (start time of it as string) else (“N/A”)), (if (exists end time of it) then (end time of it as string) else (“N/A”))) of results of bes actions whose (name of it contains “X” OR id of it = 1234)

2 Likes

Hello Angel,

Thanks for the relevance above. I maybe able to use that on an instance for querying action status information for each machines. However, in our case, will it be possible to query the records from action info level? I was thinking of querying the following info so I can just get a general list of actions that got EXECUTED (not issued) in a certain date/time range.

Action ID | Action Title | Action Start time | Action End time

We always deploy patching actions ahead of our maintenance window.

Thank you.

The bes actions inspectors do not hold that info, but you can incorporate both if you wanted to, just bear in mind that you are essentially nesting one query within another, so depending how many actions you have; how many machines per actions; etc, it may not scale well… You may need to rewrite it using sets! That said, for something with narrow scope this should give you what you are after:

(id of item 0 of it, name of item 0 of it, (if (exists start time of item 1 of it) then (start time of item 1 of it as string) else ("N/A")), (if (exists end time of item 1 of it) then (end time of item 1 of it as string) else ("N/A"))) of (it, results of it) of bes actions whose (name of it contains "X" OR id of it = 1234)

2 Likes

Thanks Angel!

These are very useful for looking for specifix actions.

I happened to find what I was looking for in WebUI wherein Deployments tab will have the column for Start date/time and End date/time and from there i can just input the range and the actions that falls on that date/time range will show up

2 Likes