Session relevance Application isssue

Hi All,

I am trying to run session relevance on my laptop. But i am not able to connect to my web reports.

The error which i am getting is (Connections test results: The underlying connection was closed. The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,
KK

Can you provide more details on how you’re trying to connect to Web Reports to pass the session relevance query?

Are you able to connect to Web Reports in general from your laptop?

If trying to do this programmatically, Session Relevance queries can be sent to Web Reports’ SOAP API, or to the Root Server’s REST API. You can also test and develop Session Relevance queries in the QNA page of Web Reports or even the Presentation Debugger in the BigFix Console.

Hi @Aram

Yes i am able to login to the web reports via the same user account. I have found out the way round to use the session relevance by installing the excel connector, which is giving me the same results only problem which i am facing is converting the session relevance into the HTML. As in the session relevance application its very easy but in excel connector its bit difficult.

I have faced this issue post upgrading to BigFix 11. I am just curious if there is some restrictions which is been enforced in BigFix 11 or no.

Thanks and regards,
KK

If you’re referring to Session Relevance Tester in BigFix Labs, that is not a supported tool, and could well be affected by the security updates/enhancements in v11. We generally recommend leveraging our APIs, but perhaps you could provide us with a bit more information on what you’re trying to achieve? You mention converting session relevance into HTML? Are you trying to output some kind of report, and if so, what sort of data, and what formats are desired?

Most-likely the tool won’t support tls1.2/1.3 which comes in with v11. Should be easy to check if it is a tool problem - run the session relevance directly via a browser (https://url-to-bigfix-root:52311/api/query?relevance=URI_Encoded_Session_Relevance) or try some more-dedicated tool suited for the job (Postman or something along those lines). If it works with other methods but not through what you are running then it’s a clear interface/tool problem…

1 Like

Hi @Aram,

I have installed the standalone tool of BES session relevance from BigFix wikis and not using the BigFix lab session relevance.

We are trying to create a custom patch compliance report with the help of Session relevance. We are trying to put together the patch source release date along with the path remediate date in a tabular format.
This request has been raised form our windows patching team.

Thanks and regards,
KK